Health & Safety Advisor
About Avison Young
Avison Young creates economic, social and environmental value as a global real estate advisor, powered by people.
At Avison Young, we believe in creating positive impact wherever we go.
There is a vital role for commercial real estate to create healthy, productive workplaces for employees, cities that are centres of prosperity for its citizens, and built spaces and places that create a net benefit to the economy, the environment and the community.
Our nimble, agile team has global insight, local market expertise and access to some of the smartest technology in the commercial real estate industry – all at the ready to work on creating your competitive advantage. As a private company, you will collaborate with an empowered partner who is invested in your success as much as you are.
Overall Purpose of Job
At Avison Young, we are currently recruiting for a H&S Advisor. The H&S Advisor will be responsible for:
- Supporting the HS&E Manager, our FM teams and our clients by maintaining an up to date and accurate Avison Young Health, Safety and Compliance system, so that all relevant and available information is accessible in as close to “real time” as possible so compliance statistics are maintained and continually improved.
- Ensuring a continued process of improvement in the standards of Health, Safety and Environment management within the Property Management FM Team.
- Providing guidance and support on the account wide adoption of the appropriate Health, Safety and Environmental strategy for the business. ·Monitoring, reviewing and analysing HSE performance within the account portfolio and identify appropriate initiatives and differentiators to enable performance improvement with the FM Team.
Main Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Develop and manage the implementation of the account HSE plan in line with the group strategy. ·Liaise with the respective FM to ensure expectations are understood and delivered as far as reasonable to maintain appropriate management of potential risk exposures.
- Promote the continued development of a strong embedded HSE culture within Avison Young. Lead by example and always promote best practice.
- Working with the FM Team to review submitted RAMS, ensuring all HSE aspects are adhered to.
- Manage the HSE platforms used on site by the FM Team.
- Ensure the achievement of agreed functional standards and delivery against client contracts.
- To complete HSE audits and inspections across REM clients.
- Work closely with the FM Team to consistently drive and improve the compliance Statistics on Concept and Alcumus Info Exchange.
- Support the FM Team and facilitate any dialogue needed to resolve any HSE concerns at a contract level.
- Maintain relationships with industry peers in both client and supplier organisations and develop a culture of sharing best practice and innovation through collaborative working.
- Support effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and contribution to team meetings, briefings, consultation forums and reports as required.
- Compile appropriate performance reports and maintain monitoring, analysis and review against established metrics and standards to drive improvements.
- Management and reporting of incidents and accidents; ensuring all events are fully investigated; root causes identified, and corrective/preventative actions identified and implemented.
- Ensuring supplier compliance by checking the required accreditations, policies and insurances are in place using the Avison Young approved supplier process.
- Responsible for agreeing a programme of delivery for health and safety training as defined by the HSE Training Matrix.
- Support the achievement of good industry practice, business competitiveness, and the development of a learning culture to further a compliant working environment.
- To act as a point of contact to provide support, guidance and advice on any H&S related issues that arise.
- Assist the H&S Manager with promoting and maintaining the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
- Adopt and implement working practices that are safe and comply with current legislation.
- Accident Investigation and assist with collating accidents statistics.
- Support the direction and guidance provided by the H&S Manager.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The right candidate will have:
- High levels of commercial acumen
- Good negotiation skills
- Detailed understanding of the core FM delivery including systems and processes
- Highly proficient in excel including the manipulation of data
- Good communication skills with suppliers, internal stakeholders and clients
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Good understanding of legal definitions and general clauses
- Previous experience within the property sector
- GradIOSH status and working towards Chartered status
- National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management or equivalent desirable
- Full Driving License