Health & Safety Manager
Health and Safety Manager
Francis Crick Institute | London
Salary: Circa £45,000 plus Excellent Benefits
(12-month Fixed Term Contract)
Irwin & Colton are delighted to be exclusively partnering with The Francis Crick Institute to find a new Health and Safety Manager to join their operational safety team. This Fixed Term Contract position will play a leading role in developing a positive and proactive health and safety culture across the organisation.
The Francis Crick Institute is world renowned for its biomedical research. It is a diverse and complex organisation including scientific, R&D and laboratory environments, and health and safety is a top priority. The successful candidate will join a well-established team of technical professionals operating across various specialisms.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Reviewing the production of risk assessments and method statements and answering any health and safety related queries
- Undertaking audits and inspections across the institution, identifying areas for improvement and reporting on the findings
- Providing health and safety support across the Institution, particularly within the research departments
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar Health and Safety role, ideally from within scientific research, universities, containment facilities, or similar environment
- Bioscience or biology background is desirable
- An undergraduate degree and/or NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience influencing and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail with a proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously
This role would suit an experienced Health & Safety professional looking to progress their career further in a successful leading organisation. Please contact Emily Flynn on 01923 433 289 or to apply and for further details.