Deputy Director - Safety, Health and Sustainability
Deputy Director - Safety, Health & Sustainability
The Francis Crick Institute | London
Salary: £75,000 to £85,000 plus excellent benefits
Irwin & Colton are delighted to be exclusively partnering with The Francis Crick Institute, to find a new Deputy Director of Safety, Health & Sustainability. This exciting opportunity will help lead and manage the operational Health, Safety and Sustainability team, alongside developing and implementing new initiatives and projects across the organisation. The role will report to the Director of SHS and lead a team of experienced Health, Safety and Sustainability professionals.
The Francis Crick Institute is world renowned for its biomedical research. It is a diverse and complex organisation including scientific, R&D and laboratory environments, and health and safety is a top priority.
This position would suit an experienced health and safety professional with previous leadership, team management and project management experience.
Responsibilities of the Deputy Director will include:
- Leading the development and delivery of a best practice health and safety function, identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the team and operations
- Ensure consistent processes are in place for the management of people and assets across the organisation, to ensure regulatory compliance and reduction of risk
- Lead and manage a team of technical professionals operating across various specialisms, supporting them to promote a culture of best practice
- Develop and establish key relationships with the Directors of relevant departments and other key stakeholders across the organisation
- Lead on new operational initiatives, specifically around the implementation of new management systems and processes
- Provide timely reporting of all safety, health and sustainability activity to senior management as required
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar safety or compliance position from a related industry sector (eg. Bioscience, Research & Development, Pharmaceutical, University)
- NEBOSH Diploma or an equivalent health and safety qualification
- Chartered membership of a relevant industry body or working towards (i.e CMIOSH)
- Experience in the development or implementation of new management systems and processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience influencing and engaging with a wide range of senior stakeholders
- A proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously
This is an excellent opportunity to take a leading role in the management and development of the Safety, Health & Sustainability function for this leading organisation. For further information contact Michael Colton on or 01923 432 633 to discuss further and apply.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.