VVB delivers sustainable mechanical, electrical and telecommunication engineering solutions with expertise and long-standing experience across Rail, Highways, Power, and Tunnels. Combining robust processes with specialist agility. Our approach to projects always takes into account the best interests of our clients, our people and our environment.
At VVB, we are currently recruiting for a H&S Advisor. The H&S Advisor will be responsible for providing health and safety advice and support to both site and office locations, creating an ethos of collaboration and shared purpose between the Safe, Sustainability, Wellbeing and other VVB employees and departments.
- Support to deliver and embed the VVB Safe, Sustainability and Wellbeing Strategy
- Promote VVB’s vision and values to internal and external stakeholders including our vision of Safe, Sustainability and Wellbeing
- Ensure health and safety processes and procedures are implemented, ensuring alignment with current legislation
- Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are correctly reported and support is provided to investigations in accordance with policies and procedures
- Ensure all health and safety lessons learnt are communicated to the SSW Team and wider business
- Conduct site safety inspections and audits, ensuring any action plans implemented have been communicated with the Project Manager/s and subsequently implemented on the project site
- Conduct Toolbox Talks, brief safety alerts, assist in Client & Tier 1 briefings when called upon.
- Provide coaching & instruction to employees and contractors with regards to health and safety
- Conduct site health and safety training as required
- Attend and provide health and safety input at Project Meetings
Who We Are Looking For
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Working understanding of health and safety legislation
- Working understanding of electrical and mechanical standards
- Sound Construction Industry Knowledge
- Technical Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
- Working knowledge of ISO 45001
- CSCS card
- Full UK driving license
- Graduate Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
- Working understanding of standards linked to London Underground and Transport for London
- Knowledge of TFL Rail/ Highway standards
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Internal 45001 Auditor
- Mental Health First Aider
Competencies and Behaviours
- Excellent problem-solving skills, delivering pragmatic solutions
- Able to make a real impact in change with clear and precise plans
- Innovative approach with a solution driven mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to manage workload effectively
- Ability to work flexibly and travel to site locations across the UK
This position is project based and offers the opportunity for home-working for 1-2 days per week. In return we offer a competitive salary and package including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, private medical insurance, pension scheme and more!
VVB values the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all prospective and current employees with dignity regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
All employees must demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm in promoting the principles of equality in employment and service delivery.
NO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES