Fire Safety Advisor
Fire Safety Advisor
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 plus excellent benefits package
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a leading London based University for a Fire Safety Advisor. This well-recognised and highly regarded University has multiple sites across the capital and a varied estate. The position will involve working closely with the Fire Safety Manager and ensuring a best practice approach to fire safety across the portfolio.
Responsibilities of the Fire Safety Advisor will include:
- Helping to promote best practise approach to Fire Safety across the University across all buildings within the estate.
- Reviewing the current fire safety systems to ensure fully compliant and fit for purpose.
- Assisting stakeholders across the organisation on fire safety management, conducting risk assessments and regular audits.
- Seek opportunities to improve performance across fire safety and contributing new and innovative ideas.
The successful Fire Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar fire safety position, ideally with experience across varied property portfolios
- Relevant Fire Safety qualifications
- Membership of the Institute of Fire Engineers registration (or equivalent)
- Understanding/knowledge of British Standards Codes and Building Regulation (BS-9999)
- Good communications skills with experience of engaging effectively across a wide range of stakeholders
This is an excellent opportunity to join a knowledgeable team for a well-regarded organisation and progress your career further. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart at or 01923 432 636
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.