Fire Safety Manager
Fire Safety Manager
Circa £50,000 base salary plus excellent benefits package
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a leading London based University for a Fire Safety Manager. This well-recognised and highly regarded University has various sites across the capital and a varied estate. The position will involve managing a small team and leading on fire safety across the organisation.
Responsibilities of the Fire Safety Manager will include:
- Act as the authority on Fire Safety for the University across all buildings within the estate.
- Manage, develop and lead the Fire Safety team reporting to the Health & Safety Director for the University.
- Reviewing the current fire safety systems to ensure fully compliant and fit for purpose.
- Assisting and advising Senior Management and stakeholders across the organisation on fire safety management systems, auditing against this and running training as required.
- Continually looking for opportunities to improve performance across fire safety and creating new and innovative ideas.
- Liaise with third party organisations, including enforcement agencies, as required.
The successful Fire Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar fire safety position, ideally with experience across varied property portfolios
- Relevant Fire Safety qualifications
- Membership of the Institute of Fire Engineers registration (or equivalent)
- Understanding/knowledge of British Standards Codes and Building Regulation (BS-9999)
- Exceptional communications skills with experience of influencing and engaging effectively across a wide range of stakeholders
This position will require a self-starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart at or 01923 432 636
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.