Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 plus benefit
Irwin & Colton are working with a well established specialist contractor to secure a Health and Safety Advisor. The role will report directly to the Managing Director and will be responsible for ensuring a positive and proactive approach to Health and Safety across the business.
This is a great opportunity to work in a tight knit, organisation and help to drive health and safety performance forward. The role will help to ensure the safe delivery of major long term contracts within the Southern area of the business. The role will look to support this successful and rapidly growing business.
Key responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor:
- Working closely with the senior management team to implement the health and safety policies and procedures in line with business objectives
- Engaging across the organisation to embed health and safety best practice
- Conduct regular site visits across the regional area, conduct inspections and compile audit reports, assess any issues and create solutions
- Be a key point of contact for all Health and Safety queries with a range of stakeholders including regulators and customers
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally with civils, utilities or construction experience
- A NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and ideally Tech IOSH status or higher
- Previous experience with accreditations (FORS, HERS) and ISO standards would be an advantage
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- A UK drivers license
This is a great opportunity to take a leading role in managing health and safety for this growing business. If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply or call 01923 432 687
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.