Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
Environment, Health & Safety Manager (EHS) | Reading
Salary: circa £50,000 + Excellent Benefits
We've been engaged by a well-established mechanical and electronics manufacturer to find a new Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager. The role will lead on environment, health and safety for one of their large manufacturing facilities in Berkshire.
This is a great opportunity to drive environment, health and safety performance forward for a global organisation who are leaders in their field and have an excellent reputation.
Responsibilities of the Environment, Health & Safety Manager will include:
- Working closely with the site senior management team to implement the environment, health and safety policies and procedures across the site to ensure full regulatory compliance
- Engaging across the organisation from the senior management to the shop floor to embed health and safety best practice
- Managing a regular audit and reporting program and communicating performance across the company
- Acting as the Environment, Health & Safety point of contact for a range of stakeholders including regulators and customers
- Leading on programmes of work and new initiatives across environmental, health and safety issues
The successful candidate will have:
- Similar experience in a health, safety and environment role within manufacturing, engineering, chemicals or other related industry
- Knowledge of PUWER, LOLER, DSEAR and other related EHS legislation
- A NEBOSH or NCRQ diploma (Preferred), ideally membership of IOSH
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate from the boardroom to the shop floor
This is a great opportunity to join a forward-thinking global organisation. If you have the relevant skills and experience or would like further information, please contact Emily Flynn on 01923 433 289 or
Irwin & Colton is a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.